Managing bereavement and loss in the workplace can be challenging. This training will guide managers through how to support employees experiencing grief and loss, with compassion and flexibility. How managers respond to grief can make a real difference to how well supported employees feel and have a positive impact on performance, absence, employee morale and retention.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone with responsibility for directly managing one or more employees, as well as HR and senior management who need an understanding of the impact of grief and how best to manage it in the workplace.
- National Counselling Society (NCS) quality checked course
- Course length: 2 ½ hours
- Virtual delivery: mic & webcam recommended for delegates.
- Cost: £62.50 (+VAT) for individuals or £600 (+VAT) for group bookings of 10.
- Course materials: PDF of slides. Certificate of attendance. Managers checklist and Guide to having sensitive conversations.
- Courses are not recorded to protect attendee confidentiality
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
• Understand what the grieving process following bereavement can be like.
• Understand the impact of grief on the individual and how this can affect the workplace
• Explore issues around bereavement-related policies and procedures.
• Being aware of and accommodating different cultural and faith practices following bereavement.
• Guidance on best practice at key stages, including initial notification, contact during time off, returning to work and on-going support.
• Developed awareness of support organisations, and how and when to refer individuals for further support, including an understanding of the boundaries of our roles.
• Help create an environment where managers and employee feel comfortable having conversations about death and dying.
• Understand what support people may need and consider relevant options for signposting both internally and externally to your organisation.
• Be aware of the important of your own self-care when managing grieving employees.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR TRAINING
“I feel empowered and far more confident in offering support to colleagues experiencing bereavement or anticipatory loss. The course reinforced my ideas and provided some excellent tools for starting conversations with a bereaved colleague or my wider community and family.” Tracey – Crown Prosecution Service
Webinars are held in Zoom and will run for 2 ½ hours with a break in the middle. Courses have a maximum of 15 delegates, facilitated by a Cruse trainer experienced in bereavement support. They are interactive, allowing for questions and for delegates to discuss grief and loss in the context of their organisation or role.
Cruse Bereavement Support is the UK’s leading bereavement charity, reaching over 100,000 people each year. We help people through one of the most painful times in life – with bereavement support, information and campaigning and provide training and consultancy to a range of organisations. We partner with Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland to provide support for the whole of the UK.
ADDITIONAL PURCHASE OPTIONS
If you would like to book a group training session for your organisation, please click here
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We are unable to reschedule or refund any cancellations made less than 3 days before the event.
Please find information regarding dates, content, and registration at Buy tickets – Webinar: Managers’ Guide to Grief in the Workplace – Zoom, Multiple dates and times (tickettailor.com)