About our trainer
Our training is led by Pete English MBACP, a highly regarded trainer in this field with over 25 years of experience working with young people through counselling in schools and leading youth work – he really does know what it is like to support young people through difficult times including loss by suicide. Pete has a wealth of up to date and ‘real life’ examples to draw on from his weekly input in local secondary and primary schools, as well as online training of teachers, youth leaders and other professionals working with young people.
His 2-hour introductory training session provides an overview to the complex topic of how children and young people manage loss. The webinar is suitable for youth workers, teachers, and anyone who supports children and young people. There will be time for specific questions from participants. Depending on the size of the group, Pete can tailor the course to examine specific subjects that the group wish to explore. The introductory course offers the following learning outcomes:
- An understanding of how suicide loss impacts on the grieving experience of CYP
- An exploration of some theory of loss and how it might apply to CYP;
- Giving you confidence to support CYP impacted by loss including loss by suicide;
- Introducing a whole host of ready to use ideas and tool including our Tough Stuff journal – Someone Has Died (available to purchase in advance from https://www.ataloss.org/shop).
- We also provide a key list of hyperlinks to relevant organisations that can provide you with information, support and resources.
A second part to this course is available for those who want more indepth insights and training.
ListeningPeople is a project of the bereavement charity, AtaLoss.